ordinary and extraordinary maintenance for Bells Watches.
Each bell we produce is a unique piece created layer upon layer, movement of movement, each phase is followed with painstaking care, to obtain bells that are a combination of a work of art and a musical instrument.
Precisely for this reason it is necessary to ensure that the bell is subjected to a regular inspection by competent technicians.
The bell, in fact, is subjected day after day to the aggression of atmospheric phenomena that brought, with the passage of time, to be the victim of oxidation.
Vibrations are another decisive factor on the very stability of the bell and the components attached to her. For this reason it is necessary and recommended to submit the same to regular checks.
Below we are presented the specific controls that Rubagotti Carlo Srl for years run throughout Italy for maximum durability, safety and functionality of its products.
The sound of bells and, consequently, their movement or percussion should be made by qualified staff with attention to the following procedures:
- Always use a force well-measured, without exceeding the movement.
- Do not strike the bell with metal tools.
- Do not use the bell with extreme cold (temperatures below 0 degrees C °).
- Do not operate the bell if already in motion, wait for its natural stop.
- Do not place anything on the bell during his sound.
- Do not play or hit ever the bell when it is resting on the ground or on any support structure.
- Keep the bell away from heat sources.
- In the case of bells equipped with air handling electrical and / or electronic data do not change the set-up, calibration of the timing of sound, drive and every technical specification must be carried out by technical personnel and skilled.
The bells are made of bronze, their gradual oxidation is a normal evolutionary process, to clean them carefully follow:
- Use brushes made of natural materials such as broomcorn a medium bristle.
- Use water to medium pressure, possibly decalcified or distilled.
- NEVER use chemical solvents.
- NEVER use processes requiring thermal shock (eg. Dry ice).
- In the case of very advanced oxidation perform a soft blasting with inert material (procedure to be reserved exclusively for specialized personnel).
FIXING HARDWARE SUPPORT OF BELLS with verification of the anchorage of the bell to the strain or to the support structure.
The armatures support must be properly verified in their condition and tightness.
Checking of the actual clamping of the bell to the supporting structure. Recommended equipment: (wrenches, spanners, manual equipment);
BALL BEARING GREASE OR OIL OF PINS with checking the condition and tightness of the brackets and bolts of the bell housing and lubrication of the structures themselves.
Recommended equipment: wrenches, spanners, manual equipment, lubricant for low speed resistant to low temperatures;
CONTROL POINT OF ATTACK AND BEAT THE BATTAGLIO with checking the condition and tightness of the clapper and its anchors;
CONTROL SUPPORTS THE BELL with checking the condition and tightness of the strike point with particular attention to the extension of the same and its hardness;
MAINTENANCE ACCESSORIES with checking the condition and tightness of the strain insulator wooden, wheels or shafts handling and castellatura. Instrumentation: wrenches, spanners, manual equipment;
CONTROL PULPIT with program verify and the fairness to current regulations;
CONTROL PANEL POWER with control of the operation and fairness to the current regulations;
MOTOR CONTROL ANY EQUIPMENT with review of the functioning and fairness to the current regulations;
GREASE CHAIN with verification of the tension of chains and greasing via lubricant for low speeds resistant to low temperatures.
Very important it is to verify the calibration of the bells in their movements. This is a very delicate operation since a variation of the timing of oscillation of the bells, the use of erroneous or inaccurate engines and apparatus for handling or abutment may permanently impair the safety and functioning of the bells same.
After all maintenance must be filled out a form indicating the date, outcome of maintenance, notes and name of the company intervened with traceability of technical inspection.
The lack of maintenance module dated, signed and completed in every respect, and non-compliance with the instructions contained in this booklet use and maintenance will void any warranty and liability by the company Rubagotti Carlo srl.