Conservative Restoration of intervention
Parish of S. Vittore, Arsago Seprio (VA), Year 2014
On the bell tower there are n. 6 bells, cast by the foundry Ottolina Seregno in 1950, the following characteristics:
I ° Bell diameter cm 153, 1950 kg weight
II Campana 135 cm diameter, weight 1370 kg
Campana III 120 cm diameter, weight 970 kg
IV Bell diameter cm 113, 800 kg weight
V ° Bell diameter cm 101, 575 kg weight
VI Bell diameter cm 90, 410 kg weight
RESTORATION OF INTERVENTION
The restoration work took shape with the lowering, using a special crane, the six bells installed in the bell tower and the entire support structure of the same (also called castellatura). Everything was dismantled and brought in our factory in Cologne (BS) for audit and restoration operations.
The project involved the study and design of a new castellatura fully cushioned support with anti-vibration buffers, capable of limiting the stresses and loads them between the support structure and the masonry of the bell tower. The implementation and testing of this structure were performed in collaboration with structural engineer Engineer qualified and enrolled.
Once arrived in our workshop the bells were subjected to a thorough review that included:
- The complete renovation of the wooden insulators and their supporting hardware;
- The complete overhaul of the six clappers (or clappers);
- The complete overhaul of the strains and their subsequent painting with color chosen by the Purchaser;
- The complete replacement of the wheels and relative chains for the transmission of motion between the motor and bell. All wheels were then subjected to complete browning cycle.
- All self-aligning ball bearings have been revised, with replacement of worn parts where necessary;
- Full blasting of all six bells, for their cleaning, all with appropriate non-aggressive material. Operation is necessary to avoid the formation of the bronze cancers.
As regards the electrical part of automation of bells it had to proceed with the replacement of the four engines for bells, resulting not functioning and worn during the working phase.
It has operated a comprehensive test of the system belfry with connection of components to the system.
Work performed in accordance with safety regulations and impiagati materials.
Released report final inspection by the Engineer structural engineer for approval.