Conservative Restoration of intervention
Parish of SS. MM. Gervase and Protase, Gorgonzola (MI), Year 2015 / 2016
On the bell tower there are n. 8 bells, cast by the foundry Brioli of Udine in 1922, the following characteristics:
I ° Bell diameter cm 161, 2360 kg weight
II Campana 143 cm diameter, weight 1650 kg
Campana III 126 cm diameter, weight 1140 kg
IV Bell diameter cm 120, 970 kg weight
V ° Bell diameter cm 107, 680 kg weight
VI Bell diameter cm 95, 485 kg weight
VII Bell diameter cm 85, 340 kg weight
VIII Bell diameter cm 80, 295 kg weight
The bells will later be extensively by our Company to a tuning input, before you reinstall them again on the bell tower.
RESTORATION OF INTERVENTION
The restoration work took shape with the lowering, using a special crane, the eight bells installed in the bell tower and the entire support structure of the same (also called castellatura). Everything was dismantled and brought in our factory in Cologne (BS) for audit and restoration operations.
The project involved the study and design of a new castellatura fully cushioned support with anti-vibration buffers, capable of limiting the stresses and loads them between the support structure and the masonry of the bell tower. The implementation and testing of this structure were performed in collaboration with structural engineer Engineer qualified and enrolled.
Once arrived in our workshop the bells were subjected to a thorough review that included:
- The complete renovation of the wooden insulators and their supporting hardware;
- The complete replacement of clappers (or clappers);
- The complete overhaul of the strains and their subsequent painting with color chosen by the Purchaser;
- The complete replacement of the wheels and relative chains for the transmission of motion between the motor and bell.
- The new castellatura of the bells and the wheels support were subjected to a full course of burnishing.
As regards the electrical part of automation of bells it had to proceed with the replacement of telebattenti, resulting not functioning and worn during the working phase.
It has operated a comprehensive test of the system belfry with connection of components to the system and upgrading of the old RCTocuhBell version already installed at the Parish.
At the request of the Principal, finally, they were installed LED lights for illumination of the belfry.
Work performed in accordance with safety regulations and impiagati materials.
Released report final inspection by the Engineer structural engineer for approval.